Back to Home
Natural Remedies for Common Ailments
Classic Natural Health EBook(R)s Help
People Lose Weight, Gain Energy, Reduce Pain, Improve Memory, Detox, Etc.
Getting a good night's sleep helps us to be happier, more productive
people, so here are 20 tips on how to fall asleep:
1. Avoid drinking tea or coffee late in the evening.
2. Stop smoking – nicotine is a stimulant and so can make it difficult
to get to sleep and stay asleep
3. Set a routine to go to bed at the same time each night.
4. Don't read, eat or watch tv in bed. Only use the bed for sleeping and sex
5. Use dimmers on your light switches, and dim the lights in the hours
before you go to bed to mimic the change from daylight to night time
6. Exercise early in the day and avoid exercising in the evening.
7. If you can’t get to sleep after a while, get up keeping the lights
low and do something boring until you feel sleepy.
8. Avoid alcohol late in the evening. Alcohol may help you get to sleep, but you are more likely to wake
during the night feeling thirsty and needing to go to the bathroom.
9. Get your allergies checked out, particularly if you wake craving
particular food in the middle of the night
10. Avoid paying bills and similar jobs just before sleep.
11. Try relaxed breathing: breathe slowly and deeply concentrating on your
abdomen rather than your chest.
12. Try a herbal tea - chamomile, passion flower, lavender flowers or
valerian are good, or take a herbal supplement such as skullcap or
13. Put the essential oils lavender and clary sage on your pillow and
inhale their soothing vapors as you sleep
14. Try some flower remedies - there are lots of different types. In the
Bach flower remedies you might like to try ‘vervain’ if you find
it difficult to switch off from the day; ‘holly’ if anger and
resentment keep you awake; ‘white chestnut’ for persistent
unwanted thoughts; ‘aspen’ if you wake because of nightmares
15. Try using affirmations, such as: “I let go of the day, and enjoy
restful, peaceful sleep” repeated several times while you prepare
16. Try holding your frontal eminences (the bumps on your forehead, about
half way between your eyebrows and hairline) if you are awake because
17. Try taking supplements – magnesium and calcium can work well.
18. If you suffer with hot flushes/flashes, try some natural support for
your endocrine system at this time.
19. Many alternative and complementary therapists have success with people
with sleep problems. Find a local therapist and ask them if they have
experience in this field
20. Sleep problems can be a sign of an underlying medical condition (e.g.
thyroid problems or depression), so get this checked out with a
suitably qualified health professional.
Follow the tips on how to fall asleep and you will have a far more
Ultimate Collection Of